Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Time to enter poems

From 5 in the morning to 19:00 (7 at night). This is becoming a normal days here. But it was a good day. I got the first correction on the article about ICT and Health in China (which I am writing with Kwong and and Tang). I also entered my first article in Acontecendo Aqui, my Portuguese language column. The link ist to the side here. The press release about the ICT-LEAP project has been sent to UmeƄ University and should appear early next week (It is going to move things). I went also through the difficult process of trying to find some funding alternative to European projects also. I think I will be able to role at least three applications before the 27th January. I got Finish Academy to communicate its funding possibilities to my friends in Ireland. And had the information about the regional development meeting in Brussels move one step forward. Not so bad.

My writing in the Portuguese language column is about the situation in Cyprus. Unlesss we do something about it - and it seems that the only possible solution is to have all parts admitted to the European Union - we could find ourselves in an armed conflict. To the surprise of many, including my Greek friends, it is the Greek-Cypriots that are been inflexible. The situation is even more complicated because it involves also Middle East interested parties: Israel, Libanon and Palestine are just a few minutes jet flights/rockets away.

Gabriel is somewhere in a place called Uberaba in Brazil and Daniel is somewhere in the same country.

Not much time for book reading today.

Life and Death at the Station Cafe (death, conflict and life)
Book I: Death
Poem 1: Walk into the heart of death

I hope
She would stop
Her steps
As she walks
Turn around
Pierce my heart
Come here
Lay down
Hold my breath
With her eyes
Embracing knives

I wish
She would halt
My sleep
As I dream
Touch the ground
Reflect the dark
So near
Her soul
Would remove the air
Breathing life
Into our lives.

© Regis Cabral, 11 March 2005

No comments: