Thursday, December 29, 2005

Not such a simple day: I started from Umeå in the coast of North Sweden at 05:30 local time, reaching the office in Lycksele at 08:10. Snow but not so cold. It was -10 centigrades when I got to work. In this time between Christmas and New Year, almost everything is closed and it is even difficult to get a cup of coffee that tastes somewhat decent.
Most of day was taken by meetings: We talked much about the courses which Academi Norr and its allied Learning Centers and universities will be offering in the first term of next year. We have some excellent programmes and projects here, I must admit: car testing, gis, mining, cross media, tourism, etc. http://www.akademinorr.se
I had some time for project writing: I wrote the press releases for ICT-LEAP, got the science for young people in order. I am glad about ICT-LEAP: those people really deserve that money! I am almost finished with the ICT and health in China. I took a few minutes to inform the local political leadership on the TEN (the EU transport programme) possibilities. They have a consultation right now, which means that people can make their voice heard in the European Commission.
I think I like the blog structure that I have written yesterday. Today I got my profile extended (but not finished) today. I think I am going to try to keep a 15 minutes a day at blog writting, except when I am on the move (no writing) or when something exceptional may require more text.

No comments: